This tutorial will show you two methods to reset Android on your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2.
Before you start with the procedure, make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shut downs.
Now you have to choose which of the two methods you will use to reset Android.
One method involves reseting android from the applications menu, which means you need to have access to the OS of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to be able to follow this procedure. The other method requires to press hardware keys in a certain sequence to be able to reset Android on the device. Which method you choose will depend on the current state of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2
Reset Android on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 through the applications menu
To reset Android through the applications menu of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu and then to Settings
- Navigate down to Personal, and select Backup & reset
- Go to Personal data and select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone and read the warnings that show up on the screen
- Select Erase Everything and confirm. The process will start automatically and when your phone restarts it will be at it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 using hardware keys
To reset Android using the hardware buttons of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2, just follow these simple steps:
- Make sure your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume UP key and while keeping it pressed down, turn on the phone.
- When a menu on a black screen shows up, release the Volume Up key.
- Use the Volume Up key to navigate to the Recovery option, and use the Volume Down key to confirm this selection.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate to the option Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power key to select this option.
- Repeat the last step to select the option Yes – Delete all user data and the process will start automatically.
- The first menu will pop again, after the process is finished. At this point you need to restart your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to finish the whole procedure.
That’s it! You have successfully reset Android on an ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2!