Although there is no official method to reset Android on the Asus Padfone Infinity 2, some clever users from the Android community has found two excellent alternative methods for carrying out this process and thus return this nice phone into its original factory default state.
If you still have access into the applications menu on your Asus Padfone Infinity 2, then the first reset Android method will serve you well,
However: if the Android operating system is somehow damaged and does not start, or your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 is blocked by the pattern lock password and you forgot it, then the second method will help you.
First way to reset ANDROID on the Asus Padfone Infinity 2
This is the easiest way to reset Android on your Asus Padfone Infinity 2. Before doing so, you may be interested in performing a backup of your personal data. We suggest you to use the G-Cloud application, available in the Google Play Store for free.
Without further ado, follow these steps:
- Enter the menu and select Application Settings
- Tap Backup and Restore , then tap into Factory data reset
- Click on Reset phone and finally press Clear All
- At this point, your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 will ask you if you want to also format the microSD card. You may answer YES or NO.
Your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 will reboot several times, and after some times you will finally be greeted with the default settings screens, just as if your phone has been unboxed, fresh from the factory.
RESET ANDROID on ASUS Padfone INFINITY 2 through hidden recovery menu
Although this form of reset Android on the Asus Padfone Infinity 2 may seem more complicated, it is not. Please follow these steps in order to factory default your phone thru the hidden recovery menu:
- With the phone powered off press and hold VOLUME DOWN button and then briefly press the POWER button.
- if you do it right you will see an alternative menu. If not, please retry step 1.
- Move into the “Recovery Mode” option by using the VOLUME DOWN button
- When you enter the recovery menu, use the VOLUME buttons to scroll into the “Wipe data / Factory reset”, confirm with POWER button.
- Select ” Yes – Delete all user data” and confirm again
- Wait until the factory defaulting process ends and then select “Reboot System Now” option
- Wait for the device to restart properly.
Congratulations! You have just successfully reset Android on your Asus Padfone Infinity 2 !