Factory Defaulting your Nexus 4 LG E960
Your Nexus 4 phone, announced on october 2012 landed as one of the better (if not the very best) phones avaialable for the Android Mobile scene. You surely found pure quad core power and incredible specs under every aspect of this stupendous Nexus 4 phone by LG, which in turn probably did a good work on satisfying your mobile computing needs … at least for some time.
Now maybe it is time to move on and your LG E960 phone is being offered in ebay, or even maybe you are giving it as a gift to someone else. A Hard Reset on your Android OS might prove a mandatory task, in such case. You will wipe out all your personal stuff including messages, apps, games,contacts, history logs, etc. from your Nexus 4 and leave it in it’s factory default mode, as if it was just purchased.
Or -hopefully is not your case- your phone has been degrading in performance due to the increasing amount of apps, games and general data you are stuffing inside it. Maybe your Nexus 4 is even freezing on you, or just forcefully closing your favorite apps from time to time, due to some obscure incompatibility from some recent App you installed, and you do not have a clear idea on which one is the offending one. These symptoms can be also cured by performing a hard reset on your phone.
Factory Default Nexus 4 the easy way
As usual with all Android devices, there is an option inside the SETTINGS menu on your Nexus 4 that allows you to hard reset it and leave it as factory default. You will find this inside the Backup and Reset option. Once inside, you have to choose the Factory Data Reset option.
Factory Default your Nexus 4 with no Android access
If your Nexus 4 is unresponsive, then you may follow these steps in order to Factory Default it:
- Turn OFF your Nexus 4 phone
- Press and hold the Volume Down and the Power buttons until your nexus 4 turns on.
- When you see the word START and an arrow around it, release those keys and tap the Volume Down button twice, to select Recovery Mode
- Press Power button to confirm Recovery mode.
- Your Nexus 4 will reboot in Recovery Mode (An android image with a red exclamation mark will appear)
- While pressing the Power button, press the Volume UP button.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll into WIPE DATA / FACTORY RESET option.
- Press Power to select the desired option. Choose YES - erase all user data” and reconfirm with the Power Button
- Your LGE960 Nexus 4 will perform a hard reset on it’s Android Operative System.
Again, it is necessary to repeat that all your information inside the Nexus 4 phone’s memory will be lost with this procedure. This tutorial has been extracted and interpreted from the Nexus 4 Support online manual.
Reset Android Searches
- hard reset nexus 4
- nexus 4 reset
- reset nexus 4
- factory reset nexus 4
- nexus 4 factory reset
- nexus 4 soft reset
- how to reset nexus 4
- how to hard reset nexus 4
- soft reset nexus 4
- nexus 4 reset button