Android Hard reset tutorial for the HTC Explorer
You will learn in this tutorial how to hard reset Android on your HTC Explorer. This phone had an acceptable degree of popularity, hence it is possible that today perhaps you bought second hand, or found it on the back of a drawer and are planning to sell it or even give it away.
Whatever suits you! But then, maybe it has been protected bv Android’s Pattern block password and now you do not remember it!
Or perhaps it is clogged, full of apps and games that turns the HTC Explorer quite unusable. The solution is to perform a hard reset on your HTC Explorer and thus the phone will regain factory default status. It will forget all your settings, apps, games, messages, contacts, etc.
We will show you two different methods for performing a hard reset on the Android inside your HTC Explorer. One of these methods will be used when you have no access to the device’s menu. The second method will be implemented from within the Android operating system menu of the HTC Explorer.
Reset Android on your HTC Explorer through buttons
To hard reset Android using a combination of buttons, you need to have the device with 50% battery at least. If you are unsure of how much battery you have your device, connect your HTC Explorer to the battery charger for at least an hour before proceeding
- We need to start with the phone powered off. It you cannot turn it off, you may remove the battery and wait 5 seconds before putting it back inside.
- Keep the volume down button pressed while you press the POWER button for a few seconds.
- Wait until the screen depicts three androids
- Release the volume button to enter the recovery mode on your HTC Explorer.
- Go down with the volume buttons, select “Factory Reset” and use the power button to confirm.
- Wait until the process is done and you have a factory defaulted HTC Explorer.
Unlock HTC Explorer Android on through the menu
Another way to do this process is to run the factory reset from the Settings menu, available from the Android’s OS Main screen: To do so, we get into Settings> Internal Storage and SD> Reset phone> Erase everything.
With these simple steps you can successfully reset Android on the HTC Explorer.