If you need to Reset Android on your LG Volt device, in this tutorial we will explain how.
Maybe you just forgot the lock pattern, or your LG Volt have started to present performance issues. Maybe you want to sell it or give it away, and therefor you need to have it wiped.
There are two very simple methods to achieve this. These methods will give you a clean Android operative system, and return the LG Volt to it’s out of the box condition.
To use the first method to reset android you will need to have access to the Applications menu of the LG Volt. If you don’t have access to your mobile, use the second method to reset android.
Before using any of the two methods that we will explain to reset android, please check that the battery of your LG Volt is at least 80% charged. It is also convenient to do a backup of your data, if possible.
Soft Reset Android on LG Volt using the Applications Menu
To reset Android on your LG Volt by software, go to the Applications Menu on your phone and follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu -> System Settings -> Backup & reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Tap on Reset Phone -> Erase everything and OK to confirm.
Hard Reset Android on LG Volt using hardware buttons
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Press the following buttons, holding them down at the same time: Volume Down button + Power button
- When the Factory reset processing screen is shown, let go of the buttons at the same time.
- With the volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option. Select this option by pressing the Power button
- Navigate to Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to accept.
- The phone will now start the Factory reset process.
By now you should have been able to reset android on your LG Volt, using either of the methods described.