Hard Reset Android on HTC Desire
There are two ways of performing a hard reset on your HTC Desire. Both accomplish the same: Erasing all your data, including messages, contact list, installed applications and games. A hard reset will revert your HTC Desire into a factory default state, as if you just bought it. Maybe you want to do this before selling or giving away your phone. Maybe it is acting a bit sluggish and you just want to start over from zero with it, or even perhaps you are suffering something more extreme from your HTC Desire, as it may be completely freezed up.
Hard Reset your HTC Desire, the easy way
If you still have access to your Android OS, you may hard reset it from there. There are different steps for each different Android OS version:
Android OS 2.2: From the HOME Screen of your HTC Desire, navigate into the “Settings” menu. Select “SD & Phone Storage”. From that submenu select “Factory Data Reset”.
Android OS 2.1: From your HOME screen get into your “Settings” menu, Select “Privacy”, and from there choose “Factory Data Reset”.
Hard Reset your HTC Desire, the not so easy way
This hard reset method is specially useful if your phone is sluggish, freezed or working but in any unreliable way:
- First you need to power off your HTC Desire. If it is freezed into the ON position, just take off it’s battery, wait a couple of seconds and replace it back into the phone.
- Now you hold the “VOLUME -” key, and while holding it press the power button and hold it too until you see three skating Androids at the bottom of your screen.
- A menu will appear, you can navigate thru it with the volume buttons: Select “Bootloader”
- From Bootloader submenu, select “Clear Storage”
- Follow the onscreen instructions for a factory reset
After some seconds you will get your HTC Desire wiped out from all your personal data and ready to start a new life.
Hard Reset Android on LG Optimus 3D
Time has come to hard reset your LG Optimus 3D phone. Maybe you are selling it, or just giving away. It may even got stuck or freezed. Whatever reason you got to perform a hard reset, we present you with two ways of doing it:
Reset LG Optimus 3D From Android
This may be seen as the easy, convenient way: The only eventual caveat is that you need to have your Android OS up and running on your Optimus 3D , as the procedure involves using certain options inside the settings menu:
- From your home screen, press the menu icon (on the bottom, the icon most to the left).
- Tap on Settings
- Search and Tap on Privacy, inside the Settings Menu
- Tap on Reset Phone
- Confirm the Hard reset Process
The no so easy way of hard reset Android on LG Optimus 3D
This alternative method is more forceful and may be the only method available if your LG Optimus 3D is in frozen state:
- Power your phone off (if it is Frozen, just pull of the battery, wait some seconds and reinsert it)
- Hold the HOME and Volume Down buttons.
- Press and hold the power button until the device turns on
- An on-screen menu will appear: Follow the instructions in there to reset your LG Optimus 3D
Please remember that a Hard Reset will erase everything inside your phone including your personal data, messages, contacts, installed apps, games, etc. Your LG Optimus 3D will revert to factory default state after performing any of these hard reset procedures.
Resetting your Asus EEE Pad Transformer
You have two kinds of resets available for your Asus EEE Pad Transformer:
The Soft Reset, which will power it off, regardless of your tablet state, forcefully finishing all ongoing processes and making Android OS to restart in your next power up. This might solve mild problems including an unresponsive, freezed or sluggish Asus EEE Pad Transformer.
The Hard Reset, which is equivalent to a factory reset and will roll back your Asus EEE Pad Transformer into a “blank slate” state, just when it came out from it’s factory, effectively erasing all your data, installed Apps and Games. This second reset mode is more appropriate if you plan to sell or give away your tablet and do not want your information or paid apps to go with it.
Soft Reset your Asus EEE Pad Transformer
To perform a Soft Reset you can press and hold it’s POWER button located on the top-left corner of your Asus EEE Pad Transformer, for about 10 seconds. You will notice that your tablet will power off, signalling the successful (and forceful) shut down. You may power it up again, by releasing the POWER button, waiting a couple of seconds, and pressing it again for 3 seconds, as you usually turn it on. You will have to wait a bit as your Asus EEE Pad Transformer restarts. A full restart like this is called a “COLD BOOT“.
Hard Reset your Asus EEE Pad Transformer
To perform a Hard Reset, you can go the easy way provided you still have working access to its Android OS, by following our generic instructions posted in here. If you cannot access your Android OS because your tablet is not fully working, then you can follow these instructions below:
- You start with your Asus EEE Pad Transformer powered OFF
- Press and Hold the VOLUME DOWN Button and the POWER button. Keep them pressed until a menu appears.
- When the Bootloader menu appears, you may need to select the Factory Reset Option by pressing the volume down button.
- When your Factory Reset option is selected, you can Press the VOLUME UP button to start the hard reset process.
You will wait while your Asus EEE Pad Transformer performs the wipe out of your data and applications, rolling back it’s state into factory default.