If you wish to reset Android on your Huawei Ascend Y221 this is the tutorial for you.
We will show you two methods to, in a very simple way, return your Huawei device to its factory settings.
Before starting with any of the two methods, make sure the battery of your Huawei Ascend Y221 is charged to at least 80% to avoid surprise shut downs.
You must now choose which method you will use. The first method is to be used if you have access to the applications menu and settings of your device. The other method is to be used if you do not have access to the Android OS of your Huawei Ascend Y221, for example if you forgot the lock pattern that you have previously set.
Reset android on Huawei Ascend Y221 via the applications menu
You will use this method to reset android if you have access to the Android OS on your device. Follow these easy steps and in no time you’ll have your Huawei Ascend Y221 as out of the box.
- Go to Settings -> Backup & Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Select the option Reset Phone and then tap on Erase Everything.
- Your Huawei Ascend Y221 will now start the process and reset Android. When it restarts it will be in it’s out of the box state.
Reset android on Huawei Ascend Y221 using hardware buttons.
If you have forgotten the lock pattern you set, or you cannot access the Android OS on your Huawei Ascend Y221 device for any other reason, this is the method you will use to reset Android. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be done in no time.
- Turn off your device. To make sure it’s completely turned off, remove the battery for 5 to 10 seconds, and then reinsert it.
- Press the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the Android logo show up on the screen.
- Using the Volume up and down buttons to navigate through the options, go to the Wipe data / Factory reset option, and press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Tap on the option to delete all user data and click the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Select the option Reboot system now to start the process
And you’re done! You should now have your Huawei Ascend Y221 device back to it’s factory settings by following the steps to reset Android.
If you’re the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S5 you want to reset Android on, this is the tutorial for you.
We will show you a way to return your Samsung Galaxy S5 to it’s factory settings, which will come in very handy if, for example, you forget the lock pattern you set for it.
Before starting with any of the methods that we will explain to reset Android, pleas make sure the battery of your Samsung Galaxy S5 is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any complications.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S5 through the Applications Menu
To use this method to reset Android you will need to be able to access the Android OS and the Applications menu of your Samsung Galaxy S5. Starting on the Main screen, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Backup & reset
- Select the option Factory data reset
- Confirm to start the process.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S5 using hardware buttons
If you got locked out of your Samsung Galaxy S5 by forgetting the lock pattern or for any other reason, this is the method you will use to reset Android
- Make sure your device is completely turned off. To be 100% sure, turn it off, remove the battery and wait 5 seconds before reinserting it.
- Press the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons all at the same time
- When you see the Android logo on the screen, let go of all the buttons and wait for a menu to show up.
- Navigate through the options using the volume buttons until you reach the Wipe data/Factory reset option and press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Do the same process to select Yes – delete all user data and wait for the procedure to finish.
- Once the main menu shows up again, press the power button to reset the Samsung Galaxy S5
You have now successfully reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S5 returning it to it’s out of the box state.
In this tutorial you will learn two easy and quick ways to reset Android on your OnePlus One.
Going through this procedure you will make the Android operative system of your phone return to it’s out of the box configuration, just like it was when you first got it.
There are two methods to reset Android on the OnePlus One, choose the one that applies better to the current state of your device.
The first one is done through the applications menu, so you will need to be able to access the Android OS to use this method. It’s a good method to use if you want to give the OnePlus One for someone else to use, or just want to give it a fresh start.
If you have a lock pattern set on your device, or for some other reason you can’t have access to the applications menu, you will have to use the second method, which involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on OnePlus One through the applications menu
To reset Android on your OnePlus One, go to the applications menu and go through the following steps
- Go to Settings and then Backup and Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Read all the warnings and press Reset Phone
- Select Erase everything and confirm the process.
In a few minutes your device will restart with it’s factory settings.
Reset Android on OnePlus One using hardware buttons
To reset Android you have to turn off your OnePlus One completely and follow these steps:
- Keep the Volume Down button pressed at the same time as the Power button
- Let go of the buttons when the device vibrates and a menu will show up on the screen.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate through the options until you reach Wipe data/Factory reset and use the Power button to confirm the option.
- If you want to delete all the data, select Wipe media
Once the process has finished, keep the power button pressed for several seconds, to reset your OnePlus One
You have now managed to reset android on your OnePlus One!