If your HTC One X Plus has started to present erratic behaviour, maybe it’s time to reset Android on it, and return it to it’s factory settings.
When you reset Android you will delete your Google account on the phone, all accounts you have added to your sync settings, the apps you have installed, the personal data you have created, like calendar, contacts, etc., on your phone, and all system and app settings.
In this tutorial we will explain two ways of reseting Android. You can use one of the methods if, for example, you have forgotten your active lock pattern.
Before starting to reset Android on your HTC One X Plus, please make sure the battery of your device is fully charged. This will avoid any unwanted shut downs mid-process.
If you still have access to your HTC One X Plus’s applications menu, the first method is the one you need. If you have forgotten your lock pattern, you will need to use the second method.
Reset Android on HTC One X Plus through OS settings
To reset Android, access the Applications menu on your HTC One X Plus and then select the option Backup & reset. Then press on Reset Phone, and decide if you want to erase all the data on your SD card, in which case you have to select Erase all data. Once you press OK, the process will start automatically.
Reset Android on HTC One X Plus, using hardware buttons
- To do a hard reset Android on your HTC One X Plus, follow these steps:
- Completely turn off your device.
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
- Let go of both buttons when you see the an image on the screen representing three androids.
- On the menu that shows up, use the volume keys to move up and down and select Factory Reset. Press the Power button to confirm your selection.
- After confirming that you want to reset Android, your phone will automatically start the process and reset itself back to factory settings.
When your HTC One X Plus restarts it will be as it was when you first took it out of the box, ready for you to configure it just the way you want it. And just like that you have reset Android on your HTC One X Plus!
In this tutorial you will learn two very simple methods to reset Android on Huawei P8.
It will return to it’s out of the box state, leaving you with the feeling of having a completely a new Huawei P8.
Before we start make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shutdowns.
If you have access to your Huawei P8, it’s also a good idea to do a backup of all your data, if it’s to any interest to you and you don’t want to loose it.
Next you need to decide which of the two methods better applies to your scenario.
If you have access to the Android OS of your Huawei P8, you can use the method that involves using software options. If on the other hand you forgot your lock pattern, for example, or you need to completely reset your phone, you will use the method that involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using software
To reset Android on your Huawei P8 selection some options that are part of the Android OS, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Backup & Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone
The process to reset Android will start automatically. Once it’s finished the device will restart having returned to it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using hardware buttons
You will use this method to reset Android if your have lost access to your Huawei P8’s OS.
- Make sure your device is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. When you see the Huawei and Android logo on the screen, let go of the Power button
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate through the options, select “Wipe data / factory reset” and confirm your selection using the Power button.
- The Huawei P8 will ask you again if you really want to wipe out all your data. Select the “Wipe data/factory reset” button to confirm and the process will start automatically. Wait until your device restarts, and it will back to factory settings, waiting for the new configuration.
You have now successfully reset Android, and hold in your hands a clean Huawei P8, ready for new life!
This tutorial will show you two methods to reset Android on your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2.
You will return your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to it’s factory settings, removing any active lock pattern, lagging or errors your device might have.
Before you start with the procedure, make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shut downs.
Now you have to choose which of the two methods you will use to reset Android.
One method involves reseting android from the applications menu, which means you need to have access to the OS of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to be able to follow this procedure. The other method requires to press hardware keys in a certain sequence to be able to reset Android on the device. Which method you choose will depend on the current state of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2
Reset Android on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 through the applications menu
To reset Android through the applications menu of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu and then to Settings
- Navigate down to Personal, and select Backup & reset
- Go to Personal data and select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone and read the warnings that show up on the screen
- Select Erase Everything and confirm. The process will start automatically and when your phone restarts it will be at it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 using hardware keys
To reset Android using the hardware buttons of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2, just follow these simple steps:
- Make sure your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume UP key and while keeping it pressed down, turn on the phone.
- When a menu on a black screen shows up, release the Volume Up key.
- Use the Volume Up key to navigate to the Recovery option, and use the Volume Down key to confirm this selection.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate to the option Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power key to select this option.
- Repeat the last step to select the option Yes – Delete all user data and the process will start automatically.
- The first menu will pop again, after the process is finished. At this point you need to restart your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to finish the whole procedure.
That’s it! You have successfully reset Android on an ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2!