This tutorial will show you two methods to reset Android on your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2.
You will return your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to it’s factory settings, removing any active lock pattern, lagging or errors your device might have.
Before you start with the procedure, make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shut downs.
Now you have to choose which of the two methods you will use to reset Android.
One method involves reseting android from the applications menu, which means you need to have access to the OS of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to be able to follow this procedure. The other method requires to press hardware keys in a certain sequence to be able to reset Android on the device. Which method you choose will depend on the current state of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2
Reset Android on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 through the applications menu
To reset Android through the applications menu of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu and then to Settings
- Navigate down to Personal, and select Backup & reset
- Go to Personal data and select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone and read the warnings that show up on the screen
- Select Erase Everything and confirm. The process will start automatically and when your phone restarts it will be at it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 using hardware keys
To reset Android using the hardware buttons of your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2, just follow these simple steps:
- Make sure your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume UP key and while keeping it pressed down, turn on the phone.
- When a menu on a black screen shows up, release the Volume Up key.
- Use the Volume Up key to navigate to the Recovery option, and use the Volume Down key to confirm this selection.
- Using the Volume Down key, navigate to the option Wipe data/Factory reset and press the Power key to select this option.
- Repeat the last step to select the option Yes – Delete all user data and the process will start automatically.
- The first menu will pop again, after the process is finished. At this point you need to restart your ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2 to finish the whole procedure.
That’s it! You have successfully reset Android on an ALCATEL ONETOUCH Evolve 2!
If you’re looking how to reset Android on the Alcatel Idol S, you just reached the right tutorial:
I will teach you how to Reset Android Alcatel Idol S by two different methods, in order to restore your default settings in just minutes.
As a first step, you need to know the status of your Alcatel S Idol, so then you can opt for which Android reset method to apply:
If you still have access into the applications menu then the first reset Android method is ideal for you.
If your Alcatel Idol S has it’s Android operating system locked due to having an active pattern lock, which you do not remember, then use the second method in order to reset Android.
First method to reset Android ON Alcatel Idol S
To reset Android on your Alcatel Android Idol S and thus retrieve functionality 100% error free, you need to navigate into the settings menu and follow these steps:
- Get into Backup and Restore option
- Select Factory Data Reset
- Finally, if asked, confirm that you want to Delete all your data
- Wait for the reset Android process to finish
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID ON ALCATEL IDOL S
To reset Android on the Alcatel Idol S when you have access to the options menu, you have to use the emergency recovery mode with these steps:
- Turn off your Alcatel Idol S and wait for a few seconds to continue
- Press the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons at the same time
- When the Android logo appears release both buttons and wait
- When you see a screen including a language selection, press the POWER button to select “English”
- Move with the volume buttons into “Wipe data / Factory reset” and press the POWER button to confirm.
- Repeat the previous step to the “Yes – Delete all user data” option, wait until the process is complete
- When completed the reset, you will return to the main screen, just press the power button to restart your phone
Once you restart the Alcatel Idol S you will be greeted with the welcome screen, just as if you just bought the phone.
You’ve finished reset Android on the Alcatel Idol S.
If you are looking for a method to reset Android on your Alcatel 960c , look no further:
In this tutorial we show two simple ways to return the Alcatel 960c into its factory state.
As a first step in this tutorial, please consider which reset Android method is right for you :
If your Alcatel 960c still works and you have access into the applications menu , then the first reset Android method is available.
However, if the Android operating system of your Alcatel 960c has a pattern lock enabled and you do not remember the password pattern, then the second method to reset Android will help you.
First method to reset Android on your Alcatel 960c
In order to reset Android on your Alcatel 960c, you will only need access to Android applications menu and bring up the Settings menu.
You must scroll down and tap into Privacy, then select Factory Data Reset and Reset phone.
On the last screen you will see the “Delete all files on the external memory” option, which will allow you to format the Micro SD card along the reset Android process : This may be desired if you just want to sell or give away your Alcatel 960c and do not want any of your personal data to go along with it.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID ON THE ALCATEL 960C
In this second reset Android method on the Alcatel 960c , you must be sure to follow the following steps:
- Turn off your phone and wait 10 seconds to take the next step
- Press the VOLUME UP key and also briefly press the POWER key
- When you see an android on the screen loose both keys and press the start button (the first of the touch buttons )
- In the menu that appears you can move using the VOLUME UP and DOWN buttons: navigate into “Wipe data / Factory reset” , confirm with the POWER button
- Back to do the same now with the ” Yes – Delete all user data” option, once you confirm that option the phone will take a moment and return to the first menu
- Just select “Reboot System Now” and wait for the phone to restart
There you have it! You surely managed to reset Android on your Alcatel 960c, with my simple explanation.