In this tutorial we will explain the two oficial techniques to reset Android on your HTC Droid DNA.
HTC Droid DNA is a device that came out to the market about two years ago, and runs Android 4.1 Jellybean. The two methods available to reset Android to factory settings are the usual ones: From the settings menu or using the hardware buttons. This last method is used if you don’t have access to your phone, maybe because you forgot your lock pattern, or for another reason.
Before going ahead with any of the two methods, please remember that when you reset Android to factory settings on any device, you will loose any installed applications as well as your personal data, including messages, contacts, email, events created in the calendar, etc.. If you select “Erase all data” you will also loose your music, photos, videos and documents. We advice that you do a backup of your HTC Droid DNA before proceeding.
Reset Android on HTC Droid DNA using software
To reset Android using the applications menu of your HTC Droid DNA device follow these steps:
- Make sure that your cellphones battery is charged at least up to 80%.
- From the applications menu, go to “Settings” and then click on “Backup & Reset“.
- Click on “Reset Phone”
- If you want to delete all you personal files, for example if you will give your phone for someone else to use, select the “Erase all data” option.
- Click “OK“
Factory reset Android on HTC Droid DNA using Hardware buttons
You will use this method to hard reset Android if you can’t access the settings menu on your HTC Droid DNA device.
- As with the first method first of all make sure that your cellphone battery is charged at least up to 80%.
- Press the Volume down button and hold it down, while also pressing and holding down the power button.
- An image with the three Androids will appear on the screen. When it does, release both buttons.
- You will need to press the Volume Down button to select “Factory reset“.
- Press the Power button.
You have successfully reset android on your HTC Droid DNA device!
In this tutorial we learn how to reset Android on your HTC Desire SV in an easy and fast way.
This procedure will prove very useful if you have forgotten the lock pattern and do not have access into your phone.
Similarly, this procedure will allow you to reset Android when suffering slowness or errors on your HTC Desire SV that could arise after months or years of use.
The reset Android process will return your HTC Desire SV into its original factory state; your smartphone will end up fresh as from just out from the HTC factory.
First method to reset Android in the HTC Desire SV
To reset Android on your HTC Desire Android SV while you still can use it’s menu system, you need to navigate into Android settings to restore its initial configuration as follows:
- Enter the Settings option
- Select Storage and then in factory data reset
- Next double click on Reset phone and Clear All
- When in this last step you can select if you want to format the Micro SD card, I recommend you do, because otherwise the problem may persist.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID ON HTC DESIRE SV
To run this method to reset Android in the HTC Desire SV, you will enter the Android recovery mode by performing a key combination, starting with your phone powered off:
- Turn off your phone completely by removing and reinserting the battery
- Press and hold the Volume Down and then press and hold the POWER button
- If you did it correctly you will see three green androids on the phone’s screen: release the buttons
- Navigate with the volume keys into Factory Reset and press the POWER button to confirm
- After a few minutes the reset Android process will be concluded.
If you need to reset Android on your HTC Desire X phone, this tutorial will teach you how to achieve it in very simple steps.
You may reset Android in order to improve your HTC Desire X speed, solve random errors that it may be throwing at you, or even regain access to your phone in the event that you have been locked out by the pattern lock.
Or simply enough, maybe for some reason you are looking to sell or give away your HTC Desire X; A good first step is to reset Android before it passes into other hands in order to wipe out all your personal information and settings from it.
But then, If you want to preserve your personal data, you can use a backup tool for preserving your files. If such is your need, then we recommend you the G-Cloud tool from Google Play Store.
Reset Android on your HTC Desire the easy way
When you still have working access into the HTC Desire X menu, things become much easier, because with only one step you can reset Android and so restore it’s original settings :
Navigate into Settings > Storage> Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , now you just have to wait a few minutes and the phone will restart as if brand new.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID ON HTC DESIRE X
If you do not have access to the Android operating system, perhaps because you forgot the lock pattern, this method will help you :
- Turn off your HTC Desire X completely. You may even remove the battery for 10 seconds, to ensure that you phone is completely shut down.
- Now hold the VOLUME DOWN button and then press the POWER button. A menu will appear, wait for it, and then you can depress both buttons.
- if you do it right you will see a menu with four options Fastboot , Recovery , Clear Storage , and Simlock
- Navigate down the menu, using the VOLUME DOWN button until FACTORY RESET option is highlighted and press the POWER button to confirm
If fourth step is wrong, then please select CLEAR STORAGE form menu, and then search for the Factory reset option.
Any questions you have , please contact us in the comments section. Hopefully you achieved to reset Android on your HTC Desire X by following our steps.