Hard Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S2
This tutorial will describe different ways to hard reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S2. Why would you like to reset Android on your phone ? As an example, you may want to sell it, or even give it away, but you don’t want your data to be in there. It may also happen that you just installed too much applications -or even the wrong ones, as it may also be the case- and your Samsung Galaxy S2 is unresponsive, acting up.
In any case, you may want first to backup everything inside your Samsung Galaxy S2 -provided that the phone’s health is up to it-. Once your data is secure somewhere else, you may proceed to hard reset Android and bring your Samsung Galaxy s2 back into factory default mode.
How to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S2
This is the best way to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S2:
- Turn OFF your Samsung galaxy S2 phone (if the phone is unresponsive, please take out the battery, wait a couple of seconds and reinsert it).
- Press the Volume Down Button, and keep it pressed
- While keeping pressed the Volume Down Button, press and release the power button.
- Wait some seconds while the phone comes back to life, and from the hidden menu that will appear, select the “Clear Storage” option by using the Volume Down Button.
- Press and release the Power Button to execute the “Clear Storage” option.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 will ask your confirmation for the hard reset procedure: You confim it by pressing the Volume Up Button.
Voilá … your Samsung Galaxy S2 will be hard reset, cleaning up all your data. If by any chance, following these instructions is not possible, or the results are not OK, then we present you with an alternative procedure to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S2:
Alternative procedure to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S2
- Turn the power off (or take out your phone’s battery, wait a couple of seconds and reinsert it).
- Press the Volume Up, Home and Power Buttons simultaneously
- Wait until a Samsung Logo appears and release the Power Button.
- A “Boot Menu” will appear: Use the Volume Up / Down Buttons to highlight your choice and then press the Home Button to select it, performing a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.