If you have reached this tutorial, it probably means that you need to reset android on a Sony Xperia M device, to return it to it’s out of the box state, and with this get rid of errors or lock patterns, that prevent a good use of the device.
We will teach you two very easy ways to reset Android on Sony Xperia M.
If you have total access to the Applications Menu, then it will be easier to use the first method which involves a soft reset of android.
If you don’t have access to your phone, maybe because you forgot the lock pattern, you will need to use the second method, which involves doing a hard reset of Android on the Sony Xperia M. Both methods will result in your Sony Xperia M being in it’s out of the box state, returning to it’s factory settings.
It’s very important that you check that the battery of your device is charged at at least 80% capacity to avoid any surprise shut-downs.
Reset Android on Sony Xperia M using the Applications Menu
To reset android using this method you need to be able to access the applications menu of your Sony Xperia M. If you don’t, go to method #2. Follow these steps to go through the procedure:
- Go to the Applications Menu of your Sony Xperia M device.
- Go to Settings -> Backup and Reset
- Tap on Factory data reset -> reset phone
- If you wish to delete all the information on your phone click on Erase all data. IF you’re going to do this, make a backup of your data just in case.
The process will start automatically, and once your Sony Xperia M restarts, it’ll have gone back to its factory settings.
Reset Android on Sony Xperia M, using a combination of buttons
If you have lost access to your Sony Xperia M, this is the method you will use to reset android, and return it to factory settings.
- Make sure your Sony Xperia M is turned off. You can do this by removing the battery, wait a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.
- Press both the volume up and the power button at the same time, for about 10 seconds.
- A screen will appear with a menu, select the Factory Reset option, using the volume buttons to navigate through the options and the power button to select.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and once you’re done, the Sony Xperia M will reset itself and return restored to it’s out of the box state.
If you have followed the instructions for any of the two methods correctly, you should now have reset android on the Sony Xperia M, thus returning it to it’s factory settings.
How to successfully hard reset your Sony Xperia SP
In this tutorial we show you how to reset Android on the Sony Xperia SP in three different ways.
Two of these methods can be applied even if you have no access to the Android OS inside your Sony Xperia XP.
This can happen if -for example- you forgot the lock pattern password for your phone.
RESET Android on the Sony Xperia SP without entering the phone men
For this method of performing a hard reset we will invoke a special custom restoration menu inside your Xperia Sony SP. You will need to press a combination of buttons. Please follow these steps :
- Turn off your Sony Xperia SP
- Press the VOLUME UP and POWER button together for a few seconds until the phone screen displays a recovery menu
- Release the buttons and follow the menu instructions to proceed with the factory reset
- After a few minutes your Sony Xperia SP restart with original factory settings restored.
Reset ANDROID ON YOUR SONY XPERIA, yet another way
Some carriers may have disabled the use of the hidden recovery menu inside the Sony Xperia SP -for security reasons, or whatever reasons they may have- so the above process may not apply.
This second method will also perform the needed reset in your Android, with help of Sony official software. Please, follow the steps marked below:
- Download and install the Sony phone Flash Tool from Internet.
- Open the program and connect the USB cable to the computer (although not on the Sony Xperia SP itself )
- Turn off your phone and while holding the VOLUME DOWN button connect the USB cable
- If everything goes right, you should see that the computer program recognizes the device: You can release the VOLUME DOWN button
- In the left window the program will display the phone name and its latest firmware version
- Select your phone (Sony Xperia SP) from the list (usually it’s the only one ) and press “Apply Service”
- the phone will restart after it has completed the process
- Do not disconnect your device from the USB cable until the program tells you.
Last method to RESET ANDROID ON YOUR Sony Xperia SP
In this last case, we will learn how to hard reset Android on your Sony Xperia SP through the Android settings menu. This may become handy if you want to sell or give away your phone, but first you want to erase all your contacts, messages and apps.
From the Android home screen, go to Settings > Backup and Restore > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , wait some seconds and your phone will restart as new.
Why Would you need to reset Android on your Sony Xperia ZL ?
This tutorial will focus on how you can reset Android on your Sony Xperia ZL. This will get you back up and running at full speed, with the phone reverted into factory default state. Even if you forgot your locking pattern password, this procedure will unlock Android on the Sony Xperia ZL
You may find a good buyer or even give away your Sony Xperia ZL in the even you have no need for it anymore: It has a quad-core processor and 2gb ram which give a great power when running any Android application. Before you depart from it, then again it is a good idea to perform a hard reset, so all your pe
rsonal data, including messages, contacts and installed apps are gone.
Although the company has disabled the custom recovery mode to get a lighter Android operating system on your Sony Xperia ZL, we will show a method which can do a hard reset on this phone without even having access into it’s main menu .
Of course will also discuss the process to unlock Android from the phone itself.
PerformING a hard reset on your Sony Xperia ZL
This method is very useful for those who have forgotten the lock pattern on the Sony Xperia ZL device or for those with serious errors in the Android system, which prevent the use of it’s settings menu.
You will need an USB cable for the Sony Xperia ZL and a computer with Windows to fulfill the following steps:
- Download and install Sony PC Companion by clicking this link
- Open the program and connect your Sony Xperia ZL device
- Wait for the proper drivers to be installed (this should proceed automatically)
- Go to the support section (Support Zone) and press the Start button
- Go to the tab ” Phone Software Update ” and press start again
- When a windows pop up, select the REPAIR PHONE option.
- We follow the simple instructions depicted in the program and click accept
- When the process completes, press “end”: Your Sony Xperia ZL phone will restart
Reset ANDROID ON SONY XPERIA ZL, FROM THE MENU
Another method to reset Android in your Sony Xperia ZL is through access into the device menu. This will allow you to restore the Sony Xperia ZL phone. Just consider that you may want to backup your files with a backup Google Play application, first.
To make this process we go to Settings> Backup and Restore > Restore Factory Data > Reset phone > Erase everything. We wait for it to carry out the restoration process on the Sony Xperia ZL.