In order to get your Sony Xperia X10 reverted into its Factory default state, you can follow two different paths, explained below. Both ways of resetting Android on your Sony Xperia X10 will wipe away all your data including messages, contacts, installed games and apps, etc. This procedure may prove necessary if you are planning on selling or giving away your Sony Xperia X10. On the other hand, maybe you are stuck with a sluggish phone, after over-installing apps and games on it. Or even your phone has freezed on you and refuses to get in working condition.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 from Android itself
You can perform a hard reset from your Android OS, provided that your Sony Xperia X10 is in working condition. You can follow these steps:
- Tap on the menu button in your main home screen
- Select SETTINGS: A menu will appear.
- Scroll down into “SD Card & Phone Storage” option and select it.
- If you do not find such option, please search for a “Privacy” option instead, and select it.
- Now select “Factory Data Reset” proceed to reset your Sony Xperia X10.
- It may ask your login password and you may need to tap into “Erase Everything” as a confirmation.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 even when unresponsive
- Turn off your phone. If Android is in freezed state or just does not respond in a timely fashion, you can pull off your Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait some seconds and place it back into your phone.
- Press and hold the “LEFT” and “RIGHT” buttons (they are located below the display).
- While pressing those buttons, press and release the POWER button
- A service menu will appear: Follow onscreen instructions to hard reset your Sony Xperia X10
Soft reset your Sony Xperia X10
In the event that your phone is freezing or acting extremely sluggish on you, you may consider a soft reset before performing something as drastic as a Hard reset. The procedure is simple enough: You just pull off Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait a couple of seconds, and place it back into the phone. Chances are that your Sony Xperia X10 will power up and work just fine after this forceful reset, with the added plus that you will keep all your data.
Reset Android Searches
- hard reset xperia go
- xperia go reset
- how to reset sony xperia go
- reset xperia go
- xperia go soft reset
- Sony Xperia Go reset
- sony xperia u hard reset
- xperia u hard reset
- how to reset xperia go
- soft reset for android phones