How to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
As in all Android phones, if you need to perform a hard reset on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, then you have two choices. The first one can be fulfilled from inside Android itself. The second way may be invoked if your Android OS is too sluggish or clogged to respond. Both methods will allow you to erase all your personal data and installed apps, leaving your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a factory default state -as if you had just bought it-.
Hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from Android
- In your Home screen, tap the menu button.
- Select “Settings”
- From the “Settings” menu tap on “Privacy” option.
- On the “Privacy” screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”
- Tap over “Reset Phone” option.
- The phone may ask you your password, please enter it.
- Confirm the procedure by tapping over “Erase Everything”.
Hard reset Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from the phone itself
Assuming that your Android OS is way too damaged or sluggish to respond to the above instructions, you can perform a hard reset from the phone itself. You need to start with your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a powered off state. If your phone right now is freezed, and you cannot turn it off, then please remove its battery, wait for some seconds, and reinsert it, to effectively turn your phone off.
- Make sure your phone is powered off
- Press the Left and Right buttons beneath the display and hold them.
- Press and release the Power button.
- You will get on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini