If you’re the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S5 you want to reset Android on, this is the tutorial for you.
Before starting with any of the methods that we will explain to reset Android, pleas make sure the battery of your Samsung Galaxy S5 is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any complications.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S5 through the Applications Menu
To use this method to reset Android you will need to be able to access the Android OS and the Applications menu of your Samsung Galaxy S5. Starting on the Main screen, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings -> Backup & reset
- Select the option Factory data reset
- Confirm to start the process.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S5 using hardware buttons
If you got locked out of your Samsung Galaxy S5 by forgetting the lock pattern or for any other reason, this is the method you will use to reset Android
- Make sure your device is completely turned off. To be 100% sure, turn it off, remove the battery and wait 5 seconds before reinserting it.
- Press the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons all at the same time
- When you see the Android logo on the screen, let go of all the buttons and wait for a menu to show up.
- Navigate through the options using the volume buttons until you reach the Wipe data/Factory reset option and press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Do the same process to select Yes – delete all user data and wait for the procedure to finish.
- Once the main menu shows up again, press the power button to reset the Samsung Galaxy S5
You have now successfully reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S5 returning it to it’s out of the box state.