In this tutorial you will learn two very simple methods to reset Android on Huawei P8.
It will return to it’s out of the box state, leaving you with the feeling of having a completely a new Huawei P8.
Before we start make sure the battery of your device is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shutdowns.
If you have access to your Huawei P8, it’s also a good idea to do a backup of all your data, if it’s to any interest to you and you don’t want to loose it.
Next you need to decide which of the two methods better applies to your scenario.
If you have access to the Android OS of your Huawei P8, you can use the method that involves using software options. If on the other hand you forgot your lock pattern, for example, or you need to completely reset your phone, you will use the method that involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using software
To reset Android on your Huawei P8 selection some options that are part of the Android OS, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Backup & Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Select Reset Phone
The process to reset Android will start automatically. Once it’s finished the device will restart having returned to it’s out of the box state.
Reset Android on Huawei P8 using hardware buttons
You will use this method to reset Android if your have lost access to your Huawei P8’s OS.
- Make sure your device is completely turned off.
- Press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time. When you see the Huawei and Android logo on the screen, let go of the Power button
- Using the Volume buttons to navigate through the options, select “Wipe data / factory reset” and confirm your selection using the Power button.
- The Huawei P8 will ask you again if you really want to wipe out all your data. Select the “Wipe data/factory reset” button to confirm and the process will start automatically. Wait until your device restarts, and it will back to factory settings, waiting for the new configuration.
You have now successfully reset Android, and hold in your hands a clean Huawei P8, ready for new life!
There are two oficial ways to reset Android on Google Nexus 7, version 2013.
Any of those ways will ensure that your Android Tablet will go back to it’s factory settings. They only differentiate from each other in the steps you have to execute for each of them.
You will decide which one to use depending on the status of your Google Nexus 7.
If you have full access to it’s menues, you will use the method that uses software to reset Android on your tablet. If, on the other hand, you do not have access to your Google Nexus 7, for instance if you forgot your lock pattern, you will have to use the method that uses hardware to go through with the steps.
Independently of the method you will use, make sure the battery of your Google Nexus is charged at least at 70%, so that your device does not power off during the procedure.
Reset Android on Google Nexus 7 using software
To reset Android using this method you will ned to have access to the Settings menu of your Google Nexus 7. Follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings“
- In personal, touch “Backup & Reset“
- In Personal data touch “Factory Data Reset“
- Touch “Reset Tablet“
- If your tablet is password or PIN protected, you will be asked to enter it at this point.
- Touch “Erase Everything” to completely clean your Google Nexus 7 device.
Your device will reset itself and by the time it goes back on it will be as out of the box.
Reset Android on Google Nexus 7 using hardware
- Turn off your tablet
- Press and hold down the Volume Down and Power button at the same time until the word “Start” shows up on the screen
- Use the Volumen Down button to move down through the menu until “Recovery mode“
- Press the Power button to select “Recovery mode“. At this point a red Android robot will show up on your screen.
- Keep holding down the Power button and press the Volume Up button
- Use the Volume Buttons to move up and down the menu to “Wipe data/Factory Reset” and use the Power button to select the option.
- Use the Volume Buttons to scroll down to “Yes – erase all user data” and select the option with the Power button.
If at any point your tablet becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
You’re done! You have now reset Android on your Google Nexus 7 tablet!
This tutorial will teach you how to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab first edition with two different ways.
By resetting Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab you will return it into factory default state.
Our first reset Android method may be used to restore settings if you have a working Galaxy Tab. It is the easiest method, but demands access to Android’s settings menu.
If your Samsung Galaxy Tab is not responding due to a forgotten pattern locking password, the second method will reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab from a hidden recovery menu.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab from the menu
This will allow you to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Android Tab from Android’s Settings menu:
- Open the settings menu , then go to the Privacy section ( or backup and restore if you have a more updated system)
- tap into Reset Factory Data Reset tablet and then
- Finally you can check the “Format removable card ” option if available, this will also erase your data on the external microSD Card.
- Tap into Erase everything and wait for the process to complete
- After a few minutes you will have a whole new Samsung Galaxy Tab!
RESET ANDROID ON SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB THROUGH buttons
This second method will manage to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Tab by pressing a sequence of buttons, without acessing Android OS:
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Tab and wait 10 seconds to continue
- Press the volume up button and also press and hold the off button
- When you see the Samsung logo release the power button
- If you see a recovery menu release the volume up button
- Now use the volume down button to go to “Wipe data / Factory reset” , confirm with the off button
- Do the same with the ” Yes – Delete all user data” and wait until the process completes correctly
- If you go back to the recovery menu press the power button to confirm your choice and wait
- When you restart your tablet just enter the initial settings and have new software like
If you have not managed to reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Tab with the two ways that we show here, we can help you in the comments section.