If you’re looking how to reset Android on the Alcatel Idol S, you just reached the right tutorial:
As a first step, you need to know the status of your Alcatel S Idol, so then you can opt for which Android reset method to apply:
If you still have access into the applications menu then the first reset Android method is ideal for you.
If your Alcatel Idol S has it’s Android operating system locked due to having an active pattern lock, which you do not remember, then use the second method in order to reset Android.
First method to reset Android ON Alcatel Idol S
To reset Android on your Alcatel Android Idol S and thus retrieve functionality 100% error free, you need to navigate into the settings menu and follow these steps:
- Get into Backup and Restore option
- Select Factory Data Reset
- Finally, if asked, confirm that you want to Delete all your data
- Wait for the reset Android process to finish
SECOND METHOD TO RESET ANDROID ON ALCATEL IDOL S
To reset Android on the Alcatel Idol S when you have access to the options menu, you have to use the emergency recovery mode with these steps:
- Turn off your Alcatel Idol S and wait for a few seconds to continue
- Press the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons at the same time
- When the Android logo appears release both buttons and wait
- When you see a screen including a language selection, press the POWER button to select “English”
- Move with the volume buttons into “Wipe data / Factory reset” and press the POWER button to confirm.
- Repeat the previous step to the “Yes – Delete all user data” option, wait until the process is complete
- When completed the reset, you will return to the main screen, just press the power button to restart your phone
Once you restart the Alcatel Idol S you will be greeted with the welcome screen, just as if you just bought the phone.
You’ve finished reset Android on the Alcatel Idol S.