If you wish to reset Android on your Huawei Ascend Y221 this is the tutorial for you.
Before starting with any of the two methods, make sure the battery of your Huawei Ascend Y221 is charged to at least 80% to avoid surprise shut downs.
You must now choose which method you will use. The first method is to be used if you have access to the applications menu and settings of your device. The other method is to be used if you do not have access to the Android OS of your Huawei Ascend Y221, for example if you forgot the lock pattern that you have previously set.
Reset android on Huawei Ascend Y221 via the applications menu
You will use this method to reset android if you have access to the Android OS on your device. Follow these easy steps and in no time you’ll have your Huawei Ascend Y221 as out of the box.
- Go to Settings -> Backup & Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Select the option Reset Phone and then tap on Erase Everything.
- Your Huawei Ascend Y221 will now start the process and reset Android. When it restarts it will be in it’s out of the box state.
Reset android on Huawei Ascend Y221 using hardware buttons.
If you have forgotten the lock pattern you set, or you cannot access the Android OS on your Huawei Ascend Y221 device for any other reason, this is the method you will use to reset Android. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be done in no time.
- Turn off your device. To make sure it’s completely turned off, remove the battery for 5 to 10 seconds, and then reinsert it.
- Press the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the Android logo show up on the screen.
- Using the Volume up and down buttons to navigate through the options, go to the Wipe data / Factory reset option, and press the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Tap on the option to delete all user data and click the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Select the option Reboot system now to start the process
And you’re done! You should now have your Huawei Ascend Y221 device back to it’s factory settings by following the steps to reset Android.