If you are the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and you’re looking for information on how to reset Android on it, you have arrived to the tutorial you need.
We will show you two very simple and safe methods to reset Android. Both of these methods produce the same result, and will leave your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge at it’s out of the box state.
The main difference between the two methods lies within the steps you have to follow, and the method you will choose depends on the state of your device.
You will apply the first method if you have access to the Android Operative System, for instance, if you just want a fresh start for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. If, however, you do not have access to the OS, for example if you forgot your lock pattern, you will have to use the second method.
Before starting with any of the procedures, please check that your battery is fully charged to avoid any unwanted shutdowns in the middle of the process. Remember that you will loose all your personal data when executing any of these methods, since your device will return to it’s factory settings.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge through the Applications Menu
To reset Android through your devices Applications Menu, follow these steps and your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will return to it’s factory settings:
- Go to Settings from the Applications Menu
- Choose the option Backup & Reset
- Tap on Reset device and select the option Erase Everything to confirm that you want to start the process.
- You might need to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge when the process finishes.
Reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge using hard ware buttons.
You will use this method to reset Android if you have lost access to the OS of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, for example if you forgot your lock pattern. Follow these steps and your device will return to it’s out of the box state in no time.
- Completely turn of your device, while pressing the Power button a few seconds.
- Once you’re sure your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is completely turned off, press the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together, keeping them pressed until the Recovery Menu appears on the screen.
- Navigate through the options with the Volume buttons and select Wipe data / Factory reset, using the Power button to confirm the selection.
- Select the option “Yes delete al data” and confirm.
- Select the option “reboot system now” to start the process.
You have now reset Android and your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge should be back to it’s factory settings, but if you had any issues, leave a comment here below.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to reset Android on the Acer Liquid Z410.
You will be able to return your Acer device to it’s factory settings, using any of two methods we will present and explain to you, in a very quick and safe manner
Before starting with the process, make sure the battery of your Acer Liquid Z410 is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any mid process shut downs.
The method you will use will depend on the state of your mobile phone. You will use the first method if you have access to the applications menu. If you don’t, for example if you forgot your lock pattern, or if your phone does not respond, you will use the second method, which involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on the Acer Liquid Z410 through the Applications Menu
If you just want a clean start for your Acer Liquid Z410, but it’s working fine otherwise, this is the method you will use to reset Android.
- Go to Settings
- Select the option Backup and Reset, and then Reset to Factory Settings.
- Now press the option Reset Phone
- Select Erase Everything, and confirm to start the process to reset Android on your Acer Liquid Z410. The device will reset and start again on its own, having returned to it’s factory settings.
Reset Android on the Acer Liquid Z410, using hardware buttons
To reset Android using this method, you will have to start by completely turning off your Acer Liquid Z410. Then follow these steps:
- Press both volume buttons at the same time, and then press the power button to turn the Acer Liquid Z410 on, being careful not to let go of the volume buttons.
- Let go of all the buttons when the recovery menu shows up on the screen.
- Using the volume buttons, navigate to the option “Clean Boot – Yes”. Confirm the selection by pressing the camera button.
- The process will start automatically, and when your Acer restarts, it will be at it’s out of the box state, ready for you to configure it.
You should now have successfully reset Android on your Acer Liquid Z410, but if you had any issues, do not hesitate to leave a comment here below.
In this tutorial we will teach you two methods to reset Android and give new life to your Motorola Atrix HD MB886 in just a few minutes.
The first step is common to both methods. Please check and make sure that the battery of your cellphone is fully charged, to avoid any unwanted surprises.
Now that you are sure that your battery is fully charged, you need to decide which method that we will explain in detail applies better to Motorola Atrix HD MB886.
If you have access to your cellphones operative system (OS) and just want to give your phone a fresh start, you will choose the first method. If, on the other hand, you can’t access the OS of your phone, for example, if you forgot your lock pattern, you will have to use the second method.
First method to reset Android on Motorola Atrix HD MB886
To reset Android on your Motorola Atrix HD MB886, you have to go Settings, and then choose the option Privacy and then Factory Data Reset. Next click on Reset phone. Please bear in mind that executing this method will erase all personalization you have made on your phone. Since you have access to the OS of your Motorola, doing a backup before going through with reseting Android is always a good idea.
Second method to reset Android on Motorola Atrix HD MB886
The first step to reset Android using this second method is to completely turn off the Motorola Atrix HD MB886. Then go through the following steps:
- Press the Volume Up button, and without letting go press the power button.
- When you see the Motorola logo on the screen, let go of the power button and wait a few seconds.
- You will see the Android robot on the screen with an exclamation mark beside it. When you do, let go of the Volume Up button.
- Press both volume buttons at the same time to display the options. When these show up, let go of the buttons.
- Using the Volume buttons move in the menu to the option “Wipe data /factory data reset“, and then select the option “Yes – delete all user data” using the power button.
- The process will return to the main menu, where you have to select Reboot System Now.
- The Motorola Atrix HD MB886 will now reboot and when it comes back, it will be as out of the box, having returned to its factory settings.
If you had any issues doing a reset Android on your Motorola Atrix HD MB886, please let us know in the comments.