In this tutorial we will show you how to reset Android on the HTC Desire 820, using any of the two methods we will describe.
Your HTC Desire 820 will end up with a clean operative system, without any lagging or malfunctions, just like out of box. This also comes handy if you want to sell your device, or give it away for someone else to use, and want to get rid of all the personal data stored in it.
Also, if you have set a lock pattern on the HTC Desire 820, and forgot what it is, all you have to do is reset Android, and you’ll regain control of your device.
Before starting with any of the two methods, please make sure the battery of your cellphone is charged up to at least 80%.
First method to reset Android on HTC Desire 820
To reset Android on HTC Desire 820 with this method, you must have access to the applications menu of your device. If that is the case, just follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings -> Backup & Reset
- Tap on Reset Phone.
- Select Erase all data, if you want to return your phone to factory settings, deleting all media and other personal documents. Select Erase SD Card if you want to delete everything from there as well.
- Press OK and the process will start on its own.
Second method to reset Android on HTC Desire 820
If you have lost access to the operative system of your HTC Desire 820, you will need to reset Android using this method:
- Make sure your device is completely turned off.
- Press Volume Down and Power button together, until you see three android logos on the screen.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate through the options, until reaching Factory reset, and press the Power button to select.
- Wait a few minutes for your HTC Desire 820 to restart with factory settings.
You’re done! You have now reset Android on your HTC Desire 820!