Reset Nook Color into factory default
Maybe you are looking forward to give your trusty reading tablet away, or selling it. Maybe you fell your Nook Color is acting up, slugish, or it is hopelessly filled up with installed apps and games.
The following instructions will guide you into performing a hard reset on your Nook Color. A Hard reset on your reading tablet will turn it into it’s factory default state. This will de-register you as the owner and account holder of your nook color, along with every other personalized information including downloaded books, magazines, Apps and games.
Hard Reset your Nook Color
- You need to start this procedure with your Nook Color turned off.
- Press and hold the “n” button (located below the screen, in centered position), press and hold the “Volume Up” button and press and hold the “Power” button.
- Wait while the Nook Color boots up in its service factory reset menu. Depress the three buttons.
- When presented with the factory reset option, select it by pressing the “n” button
- When asked for confirmation, press again the “n” button.
- A “Clear al data” screen will show up
- It will take some seconds for your Nook Color to erase all your data.