In this tutorial you will learn how to reset Android on a Lenovo P70 in a quick and easy way.
We will explain two ways to bring your mobile to it’s out of the box state.
If you want to reset Android on your Lenovo P70 because you will sell it, or give it away for someone else to use, the first method will be the one for you to use. It will eliminate any bugs or lagging, as well as removing all your personal data and settings.
If the Android OS in your Lenovo P70 fails and does not let you have access to the applications menu, or if you have forgotten the lock pattern you have previously set, you can reset Android using the second method.
Before going through with any of the two methods make sure the battery of your Lenovo P70 is charged to at least 80%, to avoid any unwanted shut downs.
First method to reset Android on Lenovo P70
If the reason you want to reset Android is to remove lagging and bugs from your devices Android OS, go to the applications menu of your Lenovo P70 and follow these easy steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select the Backup & Reset option
- From the menu select Factory data reset
- Choose Reset Phone and read and confirm the warnings on the screen.
- Select Erase Everything
Second method to reset Android on Lenovo P70
If you have forgotten your active lock pattern of your Lenovo P70 and need to reset Android, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is Lenovo P70
- Press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time and keep them pressed.
- When the company logo shows up on the screen let go of the Power button, but keep pressing the Volume Up button.
- When the recovery menu shows up on the screen, let go of the Volume Up button.
- Use the Volume buttons to move through the options in the menu, to select Wipe data / Factory reset and use the Power button to select the option.
- Select Yes – Delete all user data. The process will start and take a few minutes.
- When the process ends the Recovery menu will show on the screen again. Select and confirm the Reboot system now option and the Lenovo P70 will restart.
When you see the welcome screen you’ll be done! It’s that easy to restart Android on your Lenovo P70.
In this tutorial we are going to reset android on a Samsung Galaxy Prevail device, using two different methods.
We will bring your Samsung Galaxy Prevail to it’s out of the box state.
If you can access the applications menu on your device, you can use any of the two methods to reset android that we will explain.
If the Android OS is failing, or you forgot the lock pattern and can therefore not access the Samsung Galaxy Prevail you will use the second method described, which uses a combination of hardware buttons to reset android on the mobile phone.
Before you start with any of the two methods, please make sure your battery is fully charged, to avoid any inconvenience in the middle of the process.
Soft reset android on Samsung Galaxy Prevail from the Applications Menu
For this way of doing a reset android on Samsung Galaxy Prevail, we will do it from the applications menu. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and then select Privacy
- Select Factory data Reset
- Select Reset Phone
- Select Erase everything, and this will restore the phone to factory settings.
Reset Android on Samsung Galaxy Prevail using hardware buttons
- Make sure your phone is turned off. One way of doing this is removing the battery for 5 seconds and then putting it back in place.
- Press and hold at the same time the Volume Up Button and the Power button.
- When you see the Samsung logo let go of the Power button while still pressing the Volume Up button.
- Release the Volume Up button when you see the recovery menu on the screen.
- Using the Volume up/down buttons and the camera button navigate to and select Factory Reset
- Then select yes, and the reset of your Samsung Galaxy Prevail will begin.
At this point you should have succeeded to reset Android on your Samsung Galaxy Prevail, but if you had any issues please let us and others know through the comments, and maybe we can help.
If you need to Reset Android on your LG Volt device, in this tutorial we will explain how.
Maybe you just forgot the lock pattern, or your LG Volt have started to present performance issues. Maybe you want to sell it or give it away, and therefor you need to have it wiped.
There are two very simple methods to achieve this. These methods will give you a clean Android operative system, and return the LG Volt to it’s out of the box condition.
To use the first method to reset android you will need to have access to the Applications menu of the LG Volt. If you don’t have access to your mobile, use the second method to reset android.
Before using any of the two methods that we will explain to reset android, please check that the battery of your LG Volt is at least 80% charged. It is also convenient to do a backup of your data, if possible.
Soft Reset Android on LG Volt using the Applications Menu
To reset Android on your LG Volt by software, go to the Applications Menu on your phone and follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu -> System Settings -> Backup & reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Tap on Reset Phone -> Erase everything and OK to confirm.
Hard Reset Android on LG Volt using hardware buttons
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Press the following buttons, holding them down at the same time: Volume Down button + Power button
- When the Factory reset processing screen is shown, let go of the buttons at the same time.
- With the volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option. Select this option by pressing the Power button
- Navigate to Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to accept.
- The phone will now start the Factory reset process.
By now you should have been able to reset android on your LG Volt, using either of the methods described.