In this tutorial you will learn two easy and quick ways to reset Android on your OnePlus One.
Going through this procedure you will make the Android operative system of your phone return to it’s out of the box configuration, just like it was when you first got it.
There are two methods to reset Android on the OnePlus One, choose the one that applies better to the current state of your device.
The first one is done through the applications menu, so you will need to be able to access the Android OS to use this method. It’s a good method to use if you want to give the OnePlus One for someone else to use, or just want to give it a fresh start.
If you have a lock pattern set on your device, or for some other reason you can’t have access to the applications menu, you will have to use the second method, which involves pressing a combination of hardware buttons.
Reset Android on OnePlus One through the applications menu
To reset Android on your OnePlus One, go to the applications menu and go through the following steps
- Go to Settings and then Backup and Reset
- Select Factory data reset
- Read all the warnings and press Reset Phone
- Select Erase everything and confirm the process.
In a few minutes your device will restart with it’s factory settings.
Reset Android on OnePlus One using hardware buttons
To reset Android you have to turn off your OnePlus One completely and follow these steps:
- Keep the Volume Down button pressed at the same time as the Power button
- Let go of the buttons when the device vibrates and a menu will show up on the screen.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate through the options until you reach Wipe data/Factory reset and use the Power button to confirm the option.
- If you want to delete all the data, select Wipe media
Once the process has finished, keep the power button pressed for several seconds, to reset your OnePlus One
You have now managed to reset android on your OnePlus One!
If you need to Reset Android on your LG Volt device, in this tutorial we will explain how.
Maybe you just forgot the lock pattern, or your LG Volt have started to present performance issues. Maybe you want to sell it or give it away, and therefor you need to have it wiped.
There are two very simple methods to achieve this. These methods will give you a clean Android operative system, and return the LG Volt to it’s out of the box condition.
To use the first method to reset android you will need to have access to the Applications menu of the LG Volt. If you don’t have access to your mobile, use the second method to reset android.
Before using any of the two methods that we will explain to reset android, please check that the battery of your LG Volt is at least 80% charged. It is also convenient to do a backup of your data, if possible.
Soft Reset Android on LG Volt using the Applications Menu
To reset Android on your LG Volt by software, go to the Applications Menu on your phone and follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu -> System Settings -> Backup & reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Tap on Reset Phone -> Erase everything and OK to confirm.
Hard Reset Android on LG Volt using hardware buttons
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Press the following buttons, holding them down at the same time: Volume Down button + Power button
- When the Factory reset processing screen is shown, let go of the buttons at the same time.
- With the volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option. Select this option by pressing the Power button
- Navigate to Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to accept.
- The phone will now start the Factory reset process.
By now you should have been able to reset android on your LG Volt, using either of the methods described.