Are you the owner of an Acer Liquid X1 that you wish to reset Android on?
This is the tutorial you need to remove any lock pattern you maybe have forgotten, or return the Acer Liquid X1 to it’s factory settings, and so removing any errors or lagging.
There are two ways to reset Android, and we will explain both step by step.
Before starting with any of the two methods, please make sure your battery is charged to at least 80%.
Bear in mind that when you reset Android you will loose all your personal configuration, installed apps and media. If you can, it’s a good idea to do backup at this point.
First method to reset Android on your Acer Liquid X1
With this method you will be able to remove lagging and some errors that your OS might have, by doing a reset Android on your Acer Liquid X1. Just follow these easy steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu -> Settings
- Go to Backup & Reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Select Reset Phone
- Tap on Erase Everything, and your Acer Liquid X1 will start the reset Android process.
Second method to reset Android on your Acer Liquid X1
If you have forgotten the lock pattern of your Acer Liquid X1 or can’t access the OS of your phone for some reason, you will use this method to reset android.
- Turn off the phone completely
- Press the Power button, and when you feel it vibrate, press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons without letting go.
- Let go of the buttons when a menu shows up on the screen
- Use the volume buttons to navigate through the options and select Clean Book -> yes. Use the power button to confirm the selection
- At this point your Acer Liquid X1 will restart itself and when it comes back it will be as out of the box, ready for new settings.
You’re done! You have now successfully reset Android on your Acer Liquid X1 device!
If you need to Reset Android on your LG Volt device, in this tutorial we will explain how.
Maybe you just forgot the lock pattern, or your LG Volt have started to present performance issues. Maybe you want to sell it or give it away, and therefor you need to have it wiped.
There are two very simple methods to achieve this. These methods will give you a clean Android operative system, and return the LG Volt to it’s out of the box condition.
To use the first method to reset android you will need to have access to the Applications menu of the LG Volt. If you don’t have access to your mobile, use the second method to reset android.
Before using any of the two methods that we will explain to reset android, please check that the battery of your LG Volt is at least 80% charged. It is also convenient to do a backup of your data, if possible.
Soft Reset Android on LG Volt using the Applications Menu
To reset Android on your LG Volt by software, go to the Applications Menu on your phone and follow these steps:
- Go to the Applications Menu -> System Settings -> Backup & reset
- Tap on Factory Data Reset
- Tap on Reset Phone -> Erase everything and OK to confirm.
Hard Reset Android on LG Volt using hardware buttons
- Make sure your phone is turned off
- Press the following buttons, holding them down at the same time: Volume Down button + Power button
- When the Factory reset processing screen is shown, let go of the buttons at the same time.
- With the volume buttons navigate to the Wipe data/Factory reset option. Select this option by pressing the Power button
- Navigate to Yes – delete all user data and press the Power button to accept.
- The phone will now start the Factory reset process.
By now you should have been able to reset android on your LG Volt, using either of the methods described.
Sony Xperia X10 Hard Reset
In order to get your Sony Xperia X10 reverted into its Factory default state, you can follow two different paths, explained below. Both ways of resetting Android on your Sony Xperia X10 will wipe away all your data including messages, contacts, installed games and apps, etc. This procedure may prove necessary if you are planning on selling or giving away your Sony Xperia X10. On the other hand, maybe you are stuck with a sluggish phone, after over-installing apps and games on it. Or even your phone has freezed on you and refuses to get in working condition.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 from Android itself
You can perform a hard reset from your Android OS, provided that your Sony Xperia X10 is in working condition. You can follow these steps:
- Tap on the menu button in your main home screen
- Select SETTINGS: A menu will appear.
- Scroll down into “SD Card & Phone Storage” option and select it.
- If you do not find such option, please search for a “Privacy” option instead, and select it.
- Now select “Factory Data Reset” proceed to reset your Sony Xperia X10.
- It may ask your login password and you may need to tap into “Erase Everything” as a confirmation.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 even when unresponsive
- Turn off your phone. If Android is in freezed state or just does not respond in a timely fashion, you can pull off your Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait some seconds and place it back into your phone.
- Press and hold the “LEFT” and “RIGHT” buttons (they are located below the display).
- While pressing those buttons, press and release the POWER button
- A service menu will appear: Follow onscreen instructions to hard reset your Sony Xperia X10
Soft reset your Sony Xperia X10
In the event that your phone is freezing or acting extremely sluggish on you, you may consider a soft reset before performing something as drastic as a Hard reset. The procedure is simple enough: You just pull off Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait a couple of seconds, and place it back into the phone. Chances are that your Sony Xperia X10 will power up and work just fine after this forceful reset, with the added plus that you will keep all your data.