Today we’ll show exactly two methods to reset Android on an Motorola Defy , a phone that still has potential, particularly if you regain space and speed by performing a hard reset on it.
In order to reset Android, you should start deciding which method is right for you :
If you still have access into the applications menu then the first reset Android method is the one you should choose.
On the other hand, if your Android operating system has failed or you have an unknown pattern lock password applied into your Motorola Defy, then jump into the second method.
reset ANDROID ON YOUR Motorola Defy THROUGH SETTINGS MENU
To reset Android on your Motorola Defy Android by using the appropriate option inside your Android’s settings menu, then you must do the following:
Access the Settings section and go to Privacy. Press Factory data reset and reset the phone, in this screen you can change the option to format the SD card: If you activate it, then all your data in the external memory will be deleted. Finally you will be asked to confirm the beginning of the process.
After a couple of minutes you will have your Motorola Defy like new and you will need to fully enter the initial settings just as if you bought the phone.
Alternate METHOD TO RESET Android on THE MOTOROLA DEFY
To reset Android on the Motorola Defy Android in this way , you must use the hidden restore mode inside the device. You do so, by antering a buttons combination :
- Turn off your phone: Before you begin the process, remove the battery and wait a couple of seconds just to be sure, and reinsert it.
- Press the VOLUME DOWN Button. Meanwhile, press the POWER button
- When you see the android screen press the touch screen on the bottom left side
- You will enter the Android recovery menu. In there, please move inside the menu with the volume buttons, right into “Clear Storage ” and hit the POWER button.
- On the next screen select the ” Yes – Delete all user data” option , confirm and wait for the process to complete
- If you do not restart your Motorola Defy usually press and hold the power button to restart it manually
- Once your phone restarts correctly and ‘re done , is just entering settings first use
This tutorial will show you how to reset Android on the Motorola Devour A555. This was the first smartphone to hit the market including the famous “Motoblur” customization layer.
Like many models which uses the Android Operative System, the Motorola Devour A555 has two methods to reset Android:
The first one is through the application menu, thus you need a relatively normal working phone.
The second method is pressing the buttons and access the recovery mode of the Motorola Devour A555, ideal if you forgot the phone’s pattern lock password.
Reset ANDROID on your Motorola Devour A555 through the menu
This first method is simply activated from the menu on the Motorola Devour A555 itself by following the steps you mark below:
- Login to Settings from the Applications menu
- Select the phone storage
- Within this section press Factory data reset
- Finally Reset Phone and press Clear All
- The phone will restart with the settings enabled boot and waiting the initial factory settings.
RESET ANDROID on MOTOROLA DEVOUR A555 THRU buttons
The following reset Android method for your Motorola Devour A555 is a bit more complicated, but in just a few steps can be applied correctly so there is nothing to fear: Follow these steps:
- Turn off your device and wait 10 seconds to continue. Keep your phone’s keyboard open.
- Now press the space key , the R button and the POWER button, all at the same time until you see the recovery menu ( An exclamation point on the screen) .
- While in this mode, press the Z and M key at the same time after a few minutes you will have restored factory settings on your phone.
If you have not managed to reset Android on the Motorola Devour A555 we suggest you to contact us in the comments section se we can personally help you.
Hard reset your Motorola Atrix
If you have a Motorola Atrix know that occasionally is running slow, or worse yet, you’ve forgotten the lock pattern and are left out of it, then performing a reset Android will probably fix it.
This tutorial will teach you how to hard reset Android on your Motorola Atrix, in easy steps.
Before starting, consider the following: When you reset Android on your Motorola Atrix, all personal contacts, messages and installed apps will be deleted.
If you want to keep your information and you still got access to your Motorola Matrix, it is a good idea to make a backup with G Cloud or similar software.
First method to reset ANDROID ON Motorola
For the first method you will use the phone menu to restore your Motorola Atrix, you just have to go to Settings> Backup and Restore > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , wait a few minutes and the phone will restart as new.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET THE MOTOROLA ATRIX ANDROID
Although this second process is not very simple, if you have forgotten the lock pattern and / or cannot access the settings menu as detailed in the first method, we have the following emergency restoration procedure:
We will use a combination of buttons on your Motorola Atrix that will let you access the Android recovery menu. From there we can restore the factory settings, we just need to follow these steps :
- Turn off your phone and wait 5 seconds to continue
- Press the volume down button and hold it down , now press the power button.
- If you’ve done it correctly, your Motorola Atrix will show a “fastboot” screen
- Navigatethrough the menu using the VOLUME DOWN button, until “Android Recovery” is highlighted.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to confirm it.
- Do not release the VOLUME UP button until you see an android with exclamation .
- Tap the lower right corner of the touchscreen. You may need to do it several times
- If you have Android 2.3.4 or 2.3.6 the following menu is activated by pressing both volume keys. Also in this case use the POWER button to activate the highlighted option, instead of OK.
- Within the next menu navigate using the volume keys to “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” , press OK
- Do the same with ” Yes – Delete all user data”.
When the process completes, within the same screen you will see the option “Reboot Now” , confirms that option and the phone will restart as new to the Motorola Atrix factory default settings.