Hard reset your Motorola Atrix
If you have a Motorola Atrix know that occasionally is running slow, or worse yet, you’ve forgotten the lock pattern and are left out of it, then performing a reset Android will probably fix it.
This tutorial will teach you how to hard reset Android on your Motorola Atrix, in easy steps.
Before starting, consider the following: When you reset Android on your Motorola Atrix, all personal contacts, messages and installed apps will be deleted.
If you want to keep your information and you still got access to your Motorola Matrix, it is a good idea to make a backup with G Cloud or similar software.
First method to reset ANDROID ON Motorola
For the first method you will use the phone menu to restore your Motorola Atrix, you just have to go to Settings> Backup and Restore > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything , wait a few minutes and the phone will restart as new.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET THE MOTOROLA ATRIX ANDROID
Although this second process is not very simple, if you have forgotten the lock pattern and / or cannot access the settings menu as detailed in the first method, we have the following emergency restoration procedure:
We will use a combination of buttons on your Motorola Atrix that will let you access the Android recovery menu. From there we can restore the factory settings, we just need to follow these steps :
- Turn off your phone and wait 5 seconds to continue
- Press the volume down button and hold it down , now press the power button.
- If you’ve done it correctly, your Motorola Atrix will show a “fastboot” screen
- Navigatethrough the menu using the VOLUME DOWN button, until “Android Recovery” is highlighted.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to confirm it.
- Do not release the VOLUME UP button until you see an android with exclamation .
- Tap the lower right corner of the touchscreen. You may need to do it several times
- If you have Android 2.3.4 or 2.3.6 the following menu is activated by pressing both volume keys. Also in this case use the POWER button to activate the highlighted option, instead of OK.
- Within the next menu navigate using the volume keys to “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” , press OK
- Do the same with ” Yes – Delete all user data”.
When the process completes, within the same screen you will see the option “Reboot Now” , confirms that option and the phone will restart as new to the Motorola Atrix factory default settings.