How to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
As in all Android phones, if you need to perform a hard reset on your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini, then you have two choices. The first one can be fulfilled from inside Android itself. The second way may be invoked if your Android OS is too sluggish or clogged to respond. Both methods will allow you to erase all your personal data and installed apps, leaving your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a factory default state -as if you had just bought it-.
Hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from Android
- In your Home screen, tap the menu button.
- Select “Settings”
- From the “Settings” menu tap on “Privacy” option.
- On the “Privacy” screen, tap “Factory Data Reset”
- Tap over “Reset Phone” option.
- The phone may ask you your password, please enter it.
- Confirm the procedure by tapping over “Erase Everything”.
Hard reset Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini from the phone itself
Assuming that your Android OS is way too damaged or sluggish to respond to the above instructions, you can perform a hard reset from the phone itself. You need to start with your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini in a powered off state. If your phone right now is freezed, and you cannot turn it off, then please remove its battery, wait for some seconds, and reinsert it, to effectively turn your phone off.
- Make sure your phone is powered off
- Press the Left and Right buttons beneath the display and hold them.
- Press and release the Power button.
- You will get on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
Sony Xperia X10 Hard Reset
In order to get your Sony Xperia X10 reverted into its Factory default state, you can follow two different paths, explained below. Both ways of resetting Android on your Sony Xperia X10 will wipe away all your data including messages, contacts, installed games and apps, etc. This procedure may prove necessary if you are planning on selling or giving away your Sony Xperia X10. On the other hand, maybe you are stuck with a sluggish phone, after over-installing apps and games on it. Or even your phone has freezed on you and refuses to get in working condition.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 from Android itself
You can perform a hard reset from your Android OS, provided that your Sony Xperia X10 is in working condition. You can follow these steps:
- Tap on the menu button in your main home screen
- Select SETTINGS: A menu will appear.
- Scroll down into “SD Card & Phone Storage” option and select it.
- If you do not find such option, please search for a “Privacy” option instead, and select it.
- Now select “Factory Data Reset” proceed to reset your Sony Xperia X10.
- It may ask your login password and you may need to tap into “Erase Everything” as a confirmation.
Hard reset your Sony Xperia X10 even when unresponsive
- Turn off your phone. If Android is in freezed state or just does not respond in a timely fashion, you can pull off your Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait some seconds and place it back into your phone.
- Press and hold the “LEFT” and “RIGHT” buttons (they are located below the display).
- While pressing those buttons, press and release the POWER button
- A service menu will appear: Follow onscreen instructions to hard reset your Sony Xperia X10
Soft reset your Sony Xperia X10
In the event that your phone is freezing or acting extremely sluggish on you, you may consider a soft reset before performing something as drastic as a Hard reset. The procedure is simple enough: You just pull off Sony Xperia X10 battery, wait a couple of seconds, and place it back into the phone. Chances are that your Sony Xperia X10 will power up and work just fine after this forceful reset, with the added plus that you will keep all your data.